Position:Assistant director for innovation and collaboration with industry
Academic Rank: Research associate in the field of technical/technological sciences-electronics, telecommunications, and information technologies
Oskar Marko, PhD is the Assistant Director for Innovation and Business Development. His research focuses on the application of advanced machine learning and evolutionary algorithms in agriculture. He spent the 3rd year of his undergraduate studies at City University London, where he did his final BEng project in signal processing. He was the leader of BioSense’s team that developed novel Big Data algorithms for yield prediction, seed distribution, and optimisation of sowing strategies, which secured the 1 st prize for BioSense at Syngenta Crop Challenge and CGIAR Inspire Challenge. He is actively involved in many Horizon 2020 projects including Antares, Cybele, Dragon and Flexigrobots and industrial projects with partners such as Krivaja, MK Agriculture, Delta and other farming and insurance companies.
- Marko, O., Brdar, S., Panić, M., Šašić, I., Despotović, D., Knežević, M., & Crnojević, V. (2017). Portfolio optimization for seed selection in diverse weather scenarios. PloS one, 12(9), e0184198.
- Marko, O., Brdar, S., Panic, M., Lugonja, P., & Crnojevic, V. (2016). Soybean varieties portfolio optimisation based on yield prediction. Computers and Electronics in Agriculture, 127, 467-474.
- Marko, O., Pavlović, D., Crnojević, V., & Deb, K. (2019, July). Optimisation of crop configuration using NSGA-III with categorical genetic operators. In Proceedings of the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference Companion (pp. 223-224).
- Šikoparija, B., Marko, O., Panić, M., Jakovetić, D., & Radišić, P. How to prepare a pollen calendar for forecasting daily pollen concentrations of Ambrosia, Betula and Poaceae?. Aerobiologia, 1-15.
- O Marko, M Panić, P Lugonja, G Kitić, S Birgermajer, N Ljubičić, V Radonić, Software tool for smart irrigation based on machine learning, 2019